The Campus Improvement Committee was created in the spring of 2021 to support the Administration’s efforts to enhance the facilities of C.K. McClatchy High School. The school was dedicated in 1937 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The primary mission of the CIC is to develop and undertake projects that preserve the unique architecture of our beautiful campus while ensuring it is an inclusive, environmentally responsive, sustainable, and inviting environment in which to learn, work, engage, and relax.
The goals of the committee are to:
- build a stronger sense of community amongst students, staff, parents, and the wider community;
- create opportunities for students to improve their school’s physical environment;
- provide leadership opportunities for students to collaborate in a committee environment;
- establish a framework and purpose for the CKM community to volunteer and financially support campus-wide improvement projects.
Improvement campaigns include:
- W.O.W. (Wide Open Walls) Mural Partnership (donate here)
- Fountain Courtyard Restoration (donate here)
- Front Entrance Commemorative Bench & Enhancements
- Lunch Quad Shade Improvements
- Science Quad Enhancements
We are looking for Students, Community Members, Alumni and Families to join our efforts! If you have an interest in helping us, please contact the PTSA below.